Compliments of Cooking Melangery
3 chicken breast halves, about 1 1/2 lb. total, cooked (roasted)
1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 scallions chopped
1 small red onion, diced (more for serving, optional)
1 large avocado, firm but ripe, pitted, peeled and diced (more for serving, optional)
3/4 lb. mushrooms of your choice
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 slices of Whole Grain Bread, toasted
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl dice your chicken into 1/4 inch pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, the lemon juice, and scallions until blended and smooth. Fold in the chicken, and everything else.
- Mix together.
- Serve on the toasted bread.