Compliments of The Kitchn
Ingredients for the dressing:
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
Ingredients for the salad:
1 small head green cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds, or about 10 cups shredded cabbage)
3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
Directions for the dressing:
- Whisk the vinegar, oil, maple syrup, Dijon, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the red onion and stir to combine.
- Let sit at least 10 minutes for the flavors to meld.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cabbage.
Directions for the salad:
- Cut the cabbage into eight wedges through the core, then cut the core from each piece.
- Thinly slice the cabbage wedges crosswise to shred.
- Add the shredded cabbage, almonds, cranberries, and parsley to the dressing and toss to combine.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Make ahead – This slaw can sit out at room temperature for up to 2 hours without wilting, making it a great make-ahead or buffet dish.
Storage – Leftover slaw can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.