A Pioneer Halloween – Ree Drummond gets her whole family in the Halloween spirit with a spooky spread.
6 tablespoons popcorn kernels
1/4 cup peanut oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup candy corn
1/2 cup salted roasted peanuts
4 cups mini marshmallows (about 2/3 of a 10-ounce bag)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat; add the popcorn kernels and peanut oil. When the oil starts to sizzle, sprinkle the sugar over the kernels.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and shake the pot until the popping slows down, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and add the popcorn, candy corn and peanuts.
- Combine the marshmallows and butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the popcorn mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Coat your hands with cooking spray, then shape the popcorn into 3-inch balls. Let cool.
- Recipes from the book “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays: 140 Step-by-Step
- Recipes for Simple, Scrumptious Celebrations by Ree Drummond. (c) Copyright 2013 by Ree Drummond. By arrangement with William Morrow Cookbooks, an imprint of Harper Collins Publishers
- Recipes from “The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays: 140 Step-by-Step Recipes for Simple, Scrumptious Celebrations” (c) Copyright 2013 by Ree Drummond. By arrangement with William Morrow Cookbooks.
- Photograph by Coral Von Zumwalt