Compliments of Caroline Phelps
22-24 (about 2 pounds) Brussels sprouts
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 bacon strips
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375Fº.
- Clean and trim Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
- Add Brussels sprouts to a cooking tray and drizzle extra virgin olive on top. Season with salt and pepper and toss using your fingers to coat evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes until Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon strip until just short of crispy and transfer to a plate covered with paper towel. Keep the bacon oil!
- Add walnuts to the bacon oil and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until walnuts are golden brown. Add walnuts to the plate next to the bacon.
- Chop bacon into bite size pieces and toss in a bowl together with walnuts, dried cranberries and Brussels sprouts (and maple syrup).
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.